Why Use John Innes No.3 25L?
- Traditional loam-based compost with limestone and grit sand
- High nutrient formula for potting or re-potting mature plants
J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes are traditional, superior quality soil-based composts. John Innes composts have been widely used by gardeners for over 60 years and are valued for their consistantly good performance. J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes No. 3 compost has a nutrient level ideally matched to the needs of mature plants and is especially suitable for use in the patio area and final re-potting of tomatoes.
- Loam is the most important ingredient as it provides a natural reservoir of plant foods, trace elements and contains some organic matter which releases nitrogen slowly to the plant. The loam in J. Arthur Bower’s John Innes is screened and sterilised to avoid any soil-borne diseases and insects
- The sphagnum moss peat in John Innes compost improves both the aeration and water-retaining capicity, which enables the compost to make maximum use of the nutrients and trace elements in fertilisers.
- Lime-free grit sand is included to allow excess water to drain from the compost and so prevent waterlogging. It also adds weight and provides stability for pot grown plants.
- Ground horticultural-grade limestone is added to give the compost the pH most plants prefer. For lime-hating plants choose John Innes Ericaceous instead.
- The compound fertiliser in John Innes provides the wide spectrum of plant nutrients needed for healthy growth. These include nitrogen for leafy growth, phosphates for root development, potash for flowering and fruiting and trace elements for colour and flavour.